You will always remember every first thing of your baby as sweet memories like the first movement in your belly, first smile, the first word, first sitting without help etc. Every parent eagerly waits for those very first moments.
Isn’t it great if you can predict any first thing just before some days? First steps are also a very big deal. Here we gather some signs which will tell you that your baby will walk soon. Keep reading the article and we hope you will predict and able to see the very first footstep of your baby.
Are you worrying about your baby’s late learning?
Just don’t, all babies develop at their own growth rates. Through pediatricians tell that babies generally start walking at 10-15 months but we found some babies more than 18 months, some even about two years. So actually by ages, you will not be able to predict your baby’s independent walking, you need to depend on some other signs which will lead your baby to walk imminent future.
Take a look at below signs that your baby will walk soon:
- You need to understand if your baby strengthening his legs to prepare them for walking or not. Take a close look at him and try to find that if he starts pulling up into standing using his hands as a support on furniture. Usually they are not getting ready to walk until they learned how to get themselves upright. Pulling up by taking the support of furniture’s is the last step before they start walking, so if you see this type of activity hope you will see your baby walking soon.
- Secondly find out if your baby starts cruising or not. Do you know the meaning of cruise? It means walking while holding furniture. After completing his lesson to figure out the process to bending his knees he will start learning weight shifting and forward progression by holding furniture. This stage called cruising. If your baby has already started cruising, it means you will see his first independent step very soon.
- As your baby becomes stronger you may find him starting to climb onto furniture. This is another sign that your baby is developing his muscle gradually and he is learning to be balanced needed to work independently.
- Your baby may ask your help to stand up from sitting position, sometimes he may cry for your help or try to pull your clothes as a support.
- Finally your baby will try to stand up without help of any objective. As longer as he able to stand, his confidence will grow up. After being enough confident he will put his first step independently. It’s not that he will never fall, he may fall but he will not stop trying as he gathered enough confidence.
If you see the above signs you can wait to see your baby’s first step very soon. Generally you will find your baby start walking by 12 to 18 months. If not then you don’t need to be worried. All babies are different and they need different period of times to learn the way of walking. If your baby is getting late you may you just need to give him encouragement and make him practice regularly. We have another article which will help you to teach your baby walking.
Be with momion. We are for you and your minion.