When you’re pregnant, you might get lost in the beautiful world of pregnancy as you try to figure out what you need to buy for yourself and the toddler. It becomes unnerving when you need a top that will fit you right and still flatter your shape. More so, you need something trendy and classy. When it comes to buying nursing top, you have to consider several factors like price, design, style, and the fabric used.
During pregnancy, the rib cage and hips expand to accommodate the baby. To some extent, you will end up gaining some weight. That’s why most of the nursing tops are designed to flatter your post-natal figure and to conform into your new shape.
Are Nursing Tops Necessary?
The best thing about nursing clothes is the ability to make the breastfeeding process easy, comfortable and invisible to others. This is especially if you want to nurse the baby in public. Furthermore, tops for nursing are appropriate for use at home when friends or relatives are around. You can also still look good and classy even after nursing.
Advantages of Nursing Tops
During pregnancy and lactating period, women want to have comfort. That’s why most of them pay close attention to nursing tops. The models are designed to be worn as an independent garment. They are made of high-quality materials for durability. Let’s take a look at some advantages.
- Nursing tops are much similar to regular tops only that they have small slits hidden behind the folds and are invisible. There are other models designed with a detachable cup. This allows you to choose what you like most.
- The breastfeeding tops give you an opportunity to breastfeed the ay at the first demand.
- Importantly, nursing tops support the breast preventing the occurrence of stretching marks.
- With a nursing top, you can breastfeed the baby anywhere without feeling shy or disturbing people.
- The fabric used protects you from allergies
Buying Nursing Tops
Here are factors to put into consideration when it comes to buying a nursing top. We have also listed some good nursing tanks available on the market right now. Take a look at these factors before purchase:
Design – the breastfeeding tops come in four unique designs
- Lift up: The tops enable you to easily lift up the entire layer as you push down the inner layer to enable you to access the breast.
- Move aside: With this design, you move the front wrap to the left or to the right to access the bread for breastfeeding.
- Pull down: As its name suggests, you will be required to pull down the neckline and lift the inner layer for an easy breastfeeding session.
- Side Access: Push the pleats on each side to access the breast
Prices – You don’t have to go bankrupt because of a nursing top. You can borrow a few pieces from your friends. Furthermore, consider buying from local retailers who will offer you at a competitive price.
Material – If you want comfort, then you need to check on the material used. Cotton is touted to be one of the most comfortable material. It’s breathable and last for long. The cotton fabric also feels soft, easy to clean and maintain.