Foundation is a powder or a liquid that women apply to make their skin light and smooth. It is a top-rated cosmetic product to cover spots and imperfections and provide an even tone. It also helps other products like blush, concealer, and highlighters go on smoothly.
Foundation makes your skin look lighter, fairer than your natural skin complexion. Make-up products Giants like Loreal has various dark and bright foundations that are very popular among girls and women. Some known foundations are “NYX Professional Makeup Total Control Foundation,” “Liquid Foundation Ivory by Loreal.” These products play a vital role in protecting your skin from the sun. Likewise, Liquid Ivory has its unique features, i.e., Sun Protection SPF 17, Vitamin E enriched sources.
Sometimes foundation can appear darker on your skin. If your new foundation turns out 1-2 tone darker than your skin, there are ways to fix your look and even lighten the entire foundation bottle.
Guidelines of Lightening a Darker Foundation
Before picking any other option to lighten the texture, understand how much darker it is and which beauty product will harmonize with your foundation’s texture.
- Combine the consistency with body lotion or moisturizer. The moisturizers or lotions reduce the pigmentation of the foundation. Check if the tone is right, or you can apply more of them.
- You may also blend the texture of hand cream and eye shadow primer to lessen the foundation color. Mix two tablespoons of hand cream, half a teaspoon of creamy eyeshadow, and two pinches of compact powder with your dark pigmented foundation. Mix it until it becomes a smooth mixture.
- Another thing you can apply is a highlighting powder. Finishing powder is light-toned than a foundation and can be the best solution to make a deep foundation light. Be particular about using only finishing powder. Using any other powder will not be helpful.
- The next quick fix is a perfect solution. Instead of using fingers to spread the foundation, use a wet sponge to blend the foundation on your face. It will work out nicely to create a lighter impact on your skin.
- Unite the dark foundation with a lighter one and apply it to your face.
- Good-quality concealers often disguise the foundation shade along with blemishes and dark circles under your eyes.
- Now, if you want to lighten the entire bottle of foundation, place out your dark foundation in the empty container. See the foundation quantity, slowly start adding hand cream or moisturizer, and keep checking the shade until you achieve the right shade.
- Now add a small amount of eyeshadow cream to the mixture, take 1/2 teaspoon, mix it with the whole solution. You will see that the combination became lighter as compared to the Dark Foundation.
- You can either mix the entire dark foundation with a lighter foundation in a way that their combination achieves the right shade you seek. This way, you can lighten the whole bottle of foundation.
Some additional factors you should keep in mind while applying the foundation. Some of them are listed below:-
- Using extra foundation by mistake makes your skin look darker.
- Clean up your skin before applying the foundation because polluted particles could affect the foundation and won’t provide the perfect finish
- Foundation not matched with your neck complexion may degrade your look.
- Make sure to use the right tools to apply the foundation to your face.
- Pick up the right foundation according to your color complexion.
Nothing is more blissful than having smooth, shiny skin while going out. Securing the right shade after purchasing a foundation is a boon. But not all the time; you get the shade of your choice. That is why we have tried our best to figure out this complication through our instruction.