Getting the best serum for your hair can be life-changing! It is more of a treatment that can solve hair problems like dryness and frizz. The serum acts as a strand care boost, gives your hair a new look, and adds shine. It also protects the hair against environmental aggressors.
Why use hair serum?
It controls frizz.
Weak and damaged hair may look frizzy. The main ingredient of serum is a base of silicone. This silicone base adds weight to fragile hair strands, coat your hair. Several hair serums carry hydrolyzed proteins to prevent the static charge that creates dryness, frizz, and flyaways.
It boosts smoothness and promotes shine.
The coating action of silicone creates an anti-frizz effect. Thus hair becomes smooth, and strands become polished, and it looks shiny and glossy.
It reduces tangles.
Smooth and sleek hairs are less likely to tangle or knot. Thus, it becomes easier to comb, style, and manage your hair.
It protects hair against damage.
Serums protect your hair from the loss of heat damage, environmental stress, sun exposure, and mechanical stress due to coloring, styling.
Dos and Don’ts of Serum
- Apply the serum to the end. If you apply from the roots, you might not get the wanted results. Always start working from the ends and work towards the head.
- The best way to manage your hair is to know its type. People with fine hair can use serums. If you have curls, get the right serum to do the trick.
- The serum helps in controlling unruly strands. Rub the serum on your palm, and using two fingers, apply it to the strands in a pressing motion.
- Do not apply it right away. Using it immediately may not give the serum time to break down for the smooth application. Give it about 6 to 10 seconds in your hands, and then apply.
- Do not over apply; keep the limits. Ensure to use less than a bean-sized amount if you have fine hair. You can apply a little bit of it on thicker hair.
- Do not apply the serum on dirt. As it is thick in gesture, you should use it on freshly-washed hair. When used this way, it will protect your hair against environmental aggressors.
How to apply in the Right Way
Let’s have a look at how to apply serum to ensure maximum benefits.
1. Get the Right Products
There are a variety of products in the market. But they do not deliver the same results based on the ingredients used and the type of hair. Check the labels and the components used in making hair serum. Get the product that fits your hair. If you have thin hair, you need a thickening serum. People with fine hair can choose lightweight ones. You can also get some products to create natural-looking hairstyles.
2. Use the Right Amount
Remember, you should not apply the serum right away. Hand absorb a few drops and wait for at least five seconds. Massage it between your palms and apply it gently on damp hair. Please do not use too much serum as it will make your hair heavy and greasy.
3. The right way to apply
Apply the serum to the tips by using your hands and then apply it to the midsection of your hair. Start at the back and move gently to the front. Add more serum if needed but do not over-apply. If the hair still looks dry, add extra drop until you attain the shiny look.
After applying serum, you should examine if your hair is still shiny. If the serum also leaves the hair heavy and greasy, you may consider getting another brand that suits your hair type.
Look for a product designed for your hair type. Using a small amount on clean, damp hair and avoiding root application will give you the best result.